“Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me'”
A few weeks ago, I was checking my email as I normally do, and I had one that was a little out of the ordinary. As I opened and read it, I was so excited to read that Kirkland’s had stumbled upon my blog and asked me to partner with them in doing a post with a style board of their products!
Now, I know we all have our “go-to” places…you know, the stores that always have something that reaches out and grabs you. And if you have a Kirkland’s near you, more than likely it falls into that category! As an interior decorator (now retired), Kirkland’s has been a place I frequent when looking for fabulous pieces at a great price. I always recommended Kirkland’s to my clients for their unique “looks for less”! So I am excited to join with Kirkland’s today to bring you this post that is a little country and a little chic!
Several months ago, Betsy the Cow was spotted at our local Kirkland’s and it was the perfect piece to be the focal point for Katy’s guest room! So, at my suggestion, she bought it and loaded Betsy to take her to her new home! I am still in the process of completing the room and will be sharing it in the near future! But for now, a little peek…
Betsy became the inspiration for my “Country Chic” style board that I am so pleased to be sharing with you today!
The country farmhouse look has been in vogue for several years. It is a look that resonates with so many…probably because it seems to bring us back to a simpler life…and don’t we all long for simple? Kirkland’s offers an amazing selection of country style that is also chic! Whatever your style, Kirkland’s has the look!
1. What is not to love about Betsy the Cow?! She is not a shy, unassuming piece of art…she definitely makes a statement! Betsy easily becomes the focal point of any room. Red and green are great accent colors to use with her! Betsy is being offered at a temporary sale price of only $99.98 right now!
2. Plants and flowers bring a natural element and life to a room! The faux boxwood topiary in a traditional urn adds classic elegance to any setting. The best part…no green thumb needed and no watering!
3. I have always loved using a variety of lamps in decorating a room…sometimes a matching pair, but often mismatched to make it more interesting. I like to think of lamps as the jewelry of a room. Most ladies wouldn’t dream of walking out the door without jewelry…and I wouldn’t dream of having a room without lamps! Kirkland’s always has a beautiful stock of lamps…this white-washed shutter table lamp could be used anywhere and mixes well for just a little country and just a little chic!
4. With its neutral upholstery, straight lines, and nail-head detail, this chair will add chic to any setting! Mixing styles such as country juxtaposed with contemporary has always been a preference in my personal style. By simply adding one opposing design element, the room suddenly becomes your own!
5. I love and use lots of pillows…one of the biggest bangs for the least amount of bucks! And this one had me at “Smile”. It truly makes me smile in its fun yellow…and doesn’t every room need a bit of whimsy?! Just as we don’t need to always take ourselves too seriously, same goes for a room! On sale now for $11.99!
6. My motto is that just as we all need that LBD (little black dress, for all of you guys) in our wardrobe, every room also needs a touch of black! During my career, most rooms that I designed would have a touch of black somewhere, a pillow, a lamp, or even a table. This console is a perfect piece for a foyer, a sofa table, hallway, or any wall that needs a little drama. What a statement for only $119.99 (on sale)!
7. Baskets add so much to a room…texture (which all rooms need), and they are handy catch-alls for our everyday living! This woven crescent basket is a beautiful companion sitting next to the arm chair and perfect for holding all of those magazines and books sitting around!
Thank you all for browsing around in Kirkland’s with me today! Wasn’t it fun?! If you aren’t sure if there is a Kirkland’s near you, click here for the store locator!
All views and opinions are my own
Linking with Pieced Pastimes, Silver Pennies, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Thoughts From Alice, Coastal Charm, Dwellings-Heart of Your Home, Savvy Southern Style, French Country Cottage, Stone Gable, Confessions of a Plate Addict, Worthing Court, Between Naps on the Porch, Cedar Hill Farmhouse, A Stroll Thru Life, The Charm of Home, Imparting Grace, Posed Perfection, Katherines Corner, Rooted In Thyme, Share Your Cup, 21 Rosemary Lane, Cozy Little House, Rattlebridge Farm, Rustic & Refined, Poofing The Pillows, What Meegan Makes, Celebrate & Decorate